Olive & August,
I had started a series writing letters to you, Olive when you were 1 month. Then slowly, I got too busy with life and I kind of stopped writing o the blog, but still always photographing your beautiful face. Now that we have been blessed with your sister, August I couldn’t be more grateful. August, you are the joy we never knew we were missing.
Here are a couple of things that we love about you girls during this season of your lives:
- You love to draw and color, just like your mama when I was young.
- Lately, your fave menu consists of fries, sopita, crackers, spaghetti (only with butter) and bread. (We are working on this one …)
- You are obsessed with my little pony—twilight sparkle is your fave!
- You can watch Aladdin and The My Little Pony movie on repeat.
- You adore August and love making silly faces and dances just to make her laugh.
- You are definitely a daddy’s girl.
- I cannot believe how much you’ve blossomed and grown (mentally and physically) in the last year!
- You always wake up to a smile on your face.
- Your happy place is in my arms (or probably anyone’s arms) 😂
- You can probably sleep the entire night without waking up if I let you.
- You love rolling over and you have two new front bottom teeth.
- When you nurse, your hand & fingers are always playing with with something, usually my hair.
- The way you stare at your sister when she makes you laugh is everything
- I cannot believe how lucky we have been with you in our lives!
Everyday with you girls is a blessing that I never take for granted. Las quiero.
Photos by the amazing Ale, from Ale Saldaña Photography